Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

Kimmy's Book Boyfriend List - Part 4


Of course I love all my book boyfriends equally. Kind of. Okay, maybe not, but I do love them all. These are the guys that make me audibly sigh when I think about them. And if you are reading this, you probably know exactly what I am talking about.

These guys may not always make the best choices and I may have wanted to give them a good Gibbs smack, but I still love 'em. Not sure what I mean by a Gibbs smack? Here you go:





Haven't we all wanted to do that? Trust me...it comes in handy when discussing characters with your fellow book lovers.

Now keep in mind...this is only part of the list. It was getting so long that I knew I would never get around to posting the darn thing, so I'm breaking it up. 5 delicious men at a time. And in no particular order.


16. Mike



Mike is my favorite McCauley brother. A widower, he's raising his son with the help of his family. He is the serious one, wanting to set a good example for his son. Having read the previous books in the series, I was expecting him to be a super serious guy, but what I got was a dirty talking, tattooed, sex machine. 

“She stroked his shoulders and dragged her nails over his skin, making him shudder. “You have a sexy O-face.” 
“Huh?” He thrust in and out a few more times, loving how incredible it felt to be inside her. 
“Your orgasm face. Sexy. I like it.” 
“Well hell, I like everything about you. Especially the way you taste.” He moaned and withdrew, still half hard and wanting to take her again. “I can’t believe how long it’s been since we were together. You have to stop avoiding me. I mean, I might die of blue balls. You have any idea how much come I just gave up, and all for your sexy body?” 
“Mike.” 
He chuckled at her pink cheeks. “Yeah, not romantic. I know. But damn, girl. You about blew my mind.”
He paused, and they both said at the same time, “Literally.”
 
The humor of the moment caught them, and after laughing so hard he nearly dropped her, he eased her down the door and kissed her. She felt both soft and firm, and her size gave her an edge that fascinated him. She wasn’t small, so tiny he feared crushing her. He loved knowing his roughness excited her.
Amazon buy link: http://amzn.com/B00MX6298K


17. Josh


Josh Walker is the best of the best. He's hot. Like panty melting hot. And ridiculously sweet. Such a good combo. He supports Ember when she needs it most and also kicks ass on the ice. He may not be perfect, but he was perfect for Ember. Josh Walker is a keeper.

“He stepped away from me, toward the girls who waited like groupies. I flipped to my back, leaning up against the cold glass and knocking the back of my head on it. I squeezed my eyes shut so I wouldn’t be tempted to watch him walk away with those girls. Who the hell let Josh Walker walk away?
“December.”
My eyes snapped open to see his fathomless brown ones leaning over me. His mouth was scant inches from mine, and I would have been willing to commit murder to close that distance without guilt. “Josh.” It was a whispered plea.
“We’re taking it slow until you say so, because I can’t bear to hear a ‘no’ from you. But here’s your only warning: I’m going to chase the fuck out of you.” The promise dripping from his voice was enough to set my thighs on fire.
He pulled away, leaving me a heart-thumping mess against the glass. He waved to the girls and walked right past them without another word, but then turned back around. “Oh, and Ember?” I blinked in response. “I’m still your whatever, for whatever you need.”
My review of Full Measures
Amazon buy link: http://amzn.com/B00HY03FJM


18. Shane 



It's no secret that Tessa Bailey writes amazing male characters, but Shane Claymore is probably my favorite. He's this blue eyed, surly, sexy beast of a man who also happens to be a race car driver. Oh and he's IRISH. Be still my heart. 
“Shane flips me over onto my back, mouth silencing mine in one swift, move. It’s more than an urgency to kiss me, he didn’t want me to finish what I was saying, even though it was true. There might not be another walk, another chance to take him with me. So that’s how we’re playing it? Avoidance? When his hips fit between the notch of my thighs and pushes forward, I decide I can live with that for now. As long as he doesn’t stop touching me, I can pretend just about anything.
Finally, he breaks the kiss, speaking gruffly near my ear. “Soft, warm girl. Will you let me bury myself inside you this morning?”
Those words make me moan a little, make me drop my hands to his ass and pull him closer. “You’re naked in my bed. That’s as far from a rejection as you can get.”
“I want the words.” His mouth traces a path down my naked chest. It reminds me I went to bed without clothes on. I must have expected to be woken this way. “Every time you say yes, it feels like a victory. “Better than the rush of winning any race or having some trophy handed to me. Are you hearing me?”
“Yes,” I manage breathily as he draws on my nipple hard.”
He lifts his head to trap me in his gaze. "Are you?" 
“I’m not sure what I see in his eyes, but it makes my heart trip over itself, then pound so loud I can hear it. I’m terrified of that look, of the determination behind it. No. No, I thought we were avoiding. I curl a hand around his neck and try to draw him down for a kiss, but he resists.
“At least give me my victory, Willa. Tell me I can have you.”
Amazon buy link: http://amzn.com/B00JD223TW


19. Beck


This amazing friends to lovers book introduced me to Beck Davenport. It didn't take me very long to know that he would be on my book boyfriend list. He's kind of nerdy, caring, funny, a fantastic friend, a good brother, extremely sexy AND a hockey player. Bonus! 
“Good. Now that that’s settled…” He pushed me over to lay flat on my back and then rolled onto his side. “I didn’t get long enough to worship your naked body.” My skin burned every place his gaze touched. “You have the most amazing boobs.” He kissed the top of each one, his whiskers lightly brushing my skin and sending a swarm of butterflies through my belly. “I could write a sonnet about them.”
“Iambic pentameter and fourteen lines even?”
His eyebrows drew together. “That’s what a sonnet is?” he asked, and I nodded. “No, screw that. How about an ode? Are there rules to odes?”
I laughed. “It depends if you’re going Greek ode withthree stanzas, but I think the term is used more loosely nowadays, if you’re looking to go for the lazy version.”
“Definitely the lazy one.” One side of his mouth kicked up. “Love that you know that, by the way.” He cleared his throat. “Ode to Lyla’s boobs—wait, I don’t want to sound too crass. Let’s go with Ode to Lyla’s Breasts.”
“Much classier,” I said with a laugh. My stomach growled and I quickly put my hand over it. “Just ignore that.” 
“I think that means it’s movie and ice cream time.” Beck got out of bed, pulled on a pair of boxer briefs and his jeans, and picked up a shirt off the floor. “Don’t bother with pants. We’re going super casual for movie night tonight.”

Amazon buy link: http://amzn.com/B00UFT476O  (Out on 4/28)


20. Logan

I read a lot of books and there are a lot of authors out there who know how to write a swoonworthy hero, but Logan Mitchell may be the swooniest I have read in a long time. He loves Liv and her sons from the moment he meets them. He is basically the definition of swoonworthy. 

I exhaled for the first time in what felt like forever at his words, relief flooding through my system. "It’s you, Liv. It’s you, and Jack, and Thomas. You’re the ones I give all my promises too now, and I’ll keep every single one. I know there’s still so much to learn about one another, but you’re the one I want to spend my life with. That much is so clear.”
My body shook as I released the tension that had been building, the tears falling onto him like raindrops , and his mouth claimed mine as he wiped my face with his thumb.
“I heard you out in the garden. I thought …”
“You will never lose me. Even when we weren’t together, you were still the one that owned me.”
“Maybe I should have Property of Olivia tattooed across your chest.” I laughed through the tears that remained.
“Maybe I’d let you,” he whispered.
I snuggled in tight, as he ran his fingers through my hair before resting them on my back.
“Don’t you ever forget just how much you are loved."
Amazon buy link: http://amzn.com/B00TWGBDCM


See also:


Book Boyfriend List - Part 1
Book Boyfriend List - Part 2
Book Boyfriend List - Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment