Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Kimmy's Book Boyfriend List - Part 2


Of course I love all my book boyfriends equally. Kind of. Okay, maybe not, but I do love them all. These are the guys that make me audibly sigh when I think about them. And if you are reading this, you probably know exactly what I am talking about.

These guys may not always make the best choices and I may have wanted to give them a good Gibbs smack, but I still love 'em. Not sure what I mean by a Gibbs smack? Here you go:


Haven't we all wanted to do that? Trust me...it comes in handy when discussing characters with your fellow book lovers.

Now keep in mind...this is only part of the list. It was getting so long that I knew I would never get around to posting the darn thing, so I'm breaking it up. 5 delicious men at a time. And in no particular order.



6. Matt



Matt fell in love with Abby and her children pretty much the moment he met them. And then I fell in love with him.   

So, you’ve known her what, two or three weeks, and you’re that sure?”
Matt nodded into the dark. “She’s…” He shook his head. How did you put into words the moment you found your heart? Like he’d always known her and at the same time been waiting for her his entire life. Laughing green eyes, heart-stopping smile. Sings the wrong words to almost every song. And so very scared of letting anyone close.
He hadn’t meant for it to happen. Couldn’t have predicted Jack hitting him in the back with that ball. After that, it hadn’t mattered. “She’s everything.”
Amazon buy link: http://amzn.com/B00J1IQX4E


7. Austin




Austin is described as “the Italian bad boy of UA: six-foot-four, beautifully olive skin, piercings galore, black ear gauges, neck-to-toe tattoos, dark hair and the darkest of brown eyes.” He is not your typical book hero, which is why I think I loved him so much. This book is one of the more emotional ones I have read and I cried buckets while reading it.  

“I need you so much that I can’t breathe. Everything is wrong without you in my life. Talk to me. Come back to me. Fight the voice, for me. I will not say my good-byes to you too. 
It’s funny. I used to look up at the stars and feel so small and unimportant. But I’ve come to realize that the only thing that can ever make you feel alive and important is the one person who takes you for you. 
You once said that you wondered if the stars were looking down on us. Did they pity mankind for the fuck-ups we are? But now I see the truth. I now pity the stars. For as much as humans mess up time and time again, we also get to fall in love. We get to be with the other half of our soul, the one that makes us complete. All the stars get to do is watch from above, wishing it was them feeling this crushing yet liberating emotion.

Amazon buy link: http://amzn.com/B00MQGABYQ



8. Jason





Jason Hart is a football player with a heart of gold. From the very beginning of the book you know that he is a as humble as they come. How can you not love that?   

“What do you see?” I asked her.

“Um . . . I see a really sexy man,” she said, looking back in my eyes.

“Uh huh . . . but what about me is sexy?” I asked, trying to make a point.

“Your arms really turn me on,” she admitted. “And your shoulders. And probably your back even though I haven’t seen it yet.”

I smiled at that. “But do you see any washboard abs like those male models have?”

She looked at my stomach but didn’t say anything.

“Do you see that ‘V’ that women talk about? You know . . . the one on a guy’s hips that supposedly point to the goods?”

She cracked a smile but didn’t say anything.

“I don’t have any of that. My body isn’t made that way. I work out every single day and I’m probably stronger than most of the guys in those pictures. But my body isn’t built to look like that,” I said. “I’m more like . . . a square. Like Spongebob Squarepants.”

Amazon buy link: http://amzn.com/B00QZKEYS


9. Garrett





This is another book that isn't even out yet, but I loved Garrett so much I had to add him to the list. He starts dating Olivia and is immediately thrown into a situation that would have most men running for the hills, but he sticks around and won my heart in the process. 

Garrett stares at me intently. “Olivia . . . I think we tear it up nicely between the sheets, and yeah . . . I think this started out as just a quick fling. But for some fucking reason, I can’t seem to stay away from you, and apparently it doesn’t matter if you’re riding my cock or throwing up in a toilet . . . I just want to be around you and get to know you better. So, yeah . . . I’d like to keep seeing you.”  
“I don’t want this to be an obligation—”  
“Just shut the fuck up, Olivia,” he says in exasperation as he stands up from the chair and walks to the edge of the bed. “I don’t do obligation. I live for what I want, and right now . . . I want you. So don’t ever let me hear you say that. I have enough people doubting my abilities, I don’t need it from you. Now move your ass over and let me lie down next to you.”

Amazon buy link: http://amzn.com/B00MZWA6KA


10. Reed



In this book Reed gets a second chance at love with Arianna, the one that got away. From the moment he is reunited with her he knows that he cannot let her get away again and does everything he can to convince her that they belong together. He is sweet, loving and pretty much the perfect guy.   

"There are no words right now to tell you how I feel. If I say I love you, it doesn’t seem like enough.” He lays me down and holds my stare as he undoes the buckle on the sandals still on my feet and places them on the ground next to us. “Tonight starts our future, Ari. No more questioning my intentions, no more hiding behind our pasts. There is no more separation. You are the only woman in the world for me—you always have been. Please tell me you understand what I’m saying.”

Amazon buy link:  http://amzn.com/B00MZWA6KA



See also - Book Boyfriend List Part 1


No comments:

Post a Comment