Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Review: It's a Date (The Date Series #1) by S. Brümmer & J. Epps

Synopsis

Worlds are realigned on one winter’s night.

“The thunderous storm that he is intensifies and I'm about to beg him for this.”

The Ballerina

I've had plenty of practice being graceful, but he has my heart tripping over my pointe shoes. I've conditioned myself to rely on nobody else and I won't start now. I'll push back as hard as I can. However, he seems to be determined on pulling down the wall I use to separate myself from others. Removing myself from his vise grip just became excruciatingly difficult. The storm that follows this man—no, the storm that is this man—has given me more than what I've bargained for.

The Storm

The primal need I have for her is deeper than any I've experienced before. My world has shifted in more ways than one, and I’m not going to stand around and be held hostage where I don’t belong. The next move I make won’t be for anyone else but myself, and if it happens to bring my world to a screeching halt, then I’m not going to fight it. I’m determined. I want her.






My Review


**I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.**


This book. OH MY GOD. I will start by saying I freaking LOVED this book and you should definitely go buy it RIGHT NOW (if you haven't already). 


Heather Lane meets Noah Ryan on Christmas Eve. He has just attended a production of "The Nutcracker" where Heather performed as Snow Queen. Noah first sees her during the show and he is immediately taken with her:
Her beauty enthralls me and I find myself captivated, incapable of looking anywhere else. She’s like a siren, drawing me in with her splendor. I have to stop myself from jumping over the two rows in front of us to reach her and claim her as mine. The pull I feel toward this stunning woman is magnetic in nature and growing by the second, along with the intense need to touch and connect with her. I need her. It’s primal.
I want to claim her as my own. 
Her expression tells me there is something wrong, and my gut tells me it’s him. That bastard needs to let go of her hand before I do something drastic to a complete stranger. 
Heather actually notices Noah in the audience from the stage and is instantly attracted to him as well: 
Sitting there, he oozes sex. His jaw is strong and angled and I find myself wanting to bite it. Oh my, where did that come from?
Then she sees him again after the show:
It seems like the room stills and the music pauses as I am now face to face with him, the stud who was watching the groom as the bride walked down the aisle (of course I mean the ballet). I’m frozen. The way his eyes roamed up and down my body during the final curtain made me feel as if he were making love to me in front of every single person in the theatre. I welcomed it. He looks up from his watch in that second when everything feels like it’s happening in slow motion. His eyes find the elderly woman, but quickly flash up to me.
I don't think I have ever read a book where the main characters felt so attracted to each other so quickly. And at this point they have only LOOKED at each other. And to be honest I wasn't sure if I would like it, but I did...like A LOT. Excuse while I go fan myself. 

Heather and Noah part ways thinking they will probably never see each other again, but luckily fate intervenes and they see other the next day, which happens to be Christmas Day. They have a nice conversation, but then part ways AGAIN. At this point I was like "I want some fireworks! Stop walking away from each other!!!" 

Luckily I didn't have to wait much longer because next thing we know it is New Year's Eve and Heather and Noah are celebrating at the same bar. They ring in the New Year together and make plans to get together the next day. I loved how at ease they were with each other. He starts to call her "ballerina" and she refers to him as her "Greek god." Conversation comes very easily and even after things got hot and heavy between them (emphasis on the HOT), things never got weird. It's very clear that this isn't just a hook up, for either of them (even if they don't want to to admit it to themselves), but Heather goes back to New York while Noah stays in Arizona. 


I liked this part of the book a lot because we really got to see both of their personalities. Heather is a gorgeous, sweet, funny, smart young woman who can turn into a sex kitten at the drop of a hat. And Noah is this sexy, driven, young man who can turn into an dirty talking Alpha male in the blink of an eye. Can you say match made in heaven?  

But here is where it gets REALLY interesting. There is a plot twist that I did not see coming and had me saying out loud, "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?" This twist leaves Noah reeling and the only person he wants to see is Heather. So he goes to New York and surprises her. I was a little worried that Noah just showing up would freak her out, but Heather welcomes him with open arms. She was missing Noah just as much as Noah has been missing her. 


The two become inseparable and what follows is some of the hottest sex I have ever read. Seriously. I felt like I needed a cold shower after reading some parts. To saw that these two have chemistry is an understatement. It's a good thing she is bendy. Haha. I won't give any details, but I will say that one of the taglines the authors used regarding Noah is, "Is he something you'd be able to handle?" Let's just say that took on a whole new meaning. I will leave it at that.  


While it looks as though Heather and Noah are moving toward their happily ever after, the universe has other ideas. The authors throw yet another plot twist into the story. (FYI...I actually said out loud, "PLOT TWIST!" It's a good thing I live alone.) This particular part of the book made me very emotional and once again I was glad that I live alone. Of course by the end of the book a resolution is met and we are left saying "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?" once again. 

And as far the next book goes..........



Please. 

Amazon buy link: http://amzn.com/B00RSXJZT4




No comments:

Post a Comment