Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

Series Spotlight: Love in the City by Steph Nuss



Today I am spotlighting the Love in the City series by Steph Nuss. The first two books, Wanted by You and Fantasized by You are out now. The third, Pleasured by You, is set to be released next Friday, March 20th. (I've read it and it is FANTASTIC. My 5 star review will be up next week.)


In honor of the release of Pleasured by You and the fact that I adore Steph and her books, I thought I would do a little post to tell you why you should read them. So I give to you:  




The Top 10 reasons why you should read the Love in the City series

  1. It takes place in NYC, the best city in the world! (disclaimer: I live in NYC so I may be a bit biased.) 
  2. It is a series that follows a wonderful group of people. There's not an awful one in the bunch. I personally love a series that follows a specific group of people. Of course I love seeing couples get their HEA in their individual books, but with a series like this we get to revisit them in each subsequent book. That makes me happy. Oh and there no cliffhangers! 
  3. Steph writes fantastic stories and I feel like I can relate to her characters. Whether she is throwing in a pop culture reference, tackling a serious topic or making me need a cold shower because one of the couples is getting hot and heavy, I feel like I can relate in some way. Not that I can't enjoy a book if I find the characters are unrelatable, but it's nice bonus when I can. 
  4. The first book, Wanted by You, is a friends to lovers/(kind of) second chance romance which are two of my favorite tropes. So we get both in the same book...AWESOME. 
  5. Carter and Elly are the cutest. No really. They met in college, became friends, fell in love (for Carter from the moment he met her), but never told each other how they felt because they didn't want to risk their awesome friendship. How can you not love that? 
  6. Maverick and Harper overcome a lot of crap to be together and it only made their relationship stronger. That made my heart happy. 
  7. Fletcher and Bayler are an amazing couple. From the moment they meet their chemistry is off the charts HOT. And they are not only (very) compatible in the bedroom, but pretty much everywhere else as well. I knew as soon as I started reading that I would love them together and they are currently my favorite Love in the City couple. 
  8. Everyone is really really good looking. And not only are they really really good looking, but also a lot of fun. I want to be friends and hang out with all of them. They are their own family and that's just the best kind of friendship to have with people.
  9. Roller Derby. In the third book the ladies form a roller derby team. They kick ass and take names. And it's AWESOME.
  10. Justin. I just have a good feeling about him and I can't wait for his book. He would probably be the one I would have the crush on, while I would just lust after all the other guys. 

    And just because I want to tease you some more, here is a little snippet from Wanted by You:
    I brushed past fellow students and wiggled my way through the row toward her. This classroom felt like a movie theater, having to crawl over one another to get to a seat. When I was almost to her, she finally looked up from her planner and glanced at me. 
    Holy mother of God. 
    Her eyes. 
    I've seen a lot of redheads in my life, but none of them had brown eyes like these. My dick twitched again at the sight of them, further confirming my thoughts of other redheads. Her eyes made my pulse race, my breath hitch, and I couldn't for the life of me remember ever gazing into eyes as big and as fierce as hers. They were like melted fudge poured over ice cream: delicious and warm. 
    "Hey, is this seat taken?" I asked, throwing a nod her way as her eyes ran up and down the length of my body, causing my temperature to rise. Too bad if the seat was taken; I planned on sitting in it anyway. I didn't brush up against eight strangers to be told I couldn't sit next to her. 
    "Of course not; it's all yours," she replied in a voice that dripped with politeness while her teeth pulled at her bottom lip. What I wouldn't give to be her bottom lip right now. After class, I'd definitely need a cold shower. 
    "Cool. I'm Carter," I said, smiling at her, trying my best to suppress my hard-on without making it obvious. 
    She nodded and lifted her right hand toward me. "I'm Elly." 
    "Elly, huh?" Taking her soft hand in mine, I stared into her beautiful brown eyes and lightly shook her hand. "Is that short for something?" 
    Shooting me a grin that would've brought me to my knees had I not already been sitting, she let out a light snicker. "It is. It's short for Ellyson." 
    "Ellyson." I nodded, looking up to the ceiling as if I had to think about it. "Hmm …I like it. It's different." The name fit the girl. 
    "Thank you. I'm quite fond of it myself," she teased. She was witty, this one. I liked a smart girl. Most of the girls who made sure I noticed them were ditzy and cared too much about themselves. Not Elly, though. Images of picking her up from her seat and hauling her against the wall while I ran my hands over her soft, smooth skin and my mouth ravished hers continued to play out in my mind as we waited for Dr. Harold to arrive. 
    Shaking off thoughts of having my way with her, I decided there was no harm in teasing her. "I have a question for you," I said, sitting back in my desk, making myself more comfortable and stretching out my cramped legs. "Do you sit next to the wall in all your classes just so you don't have to deal with someone using your desk as an arm rest?" 
    Her cheeks immediately flushed. She pursed her lips and shook her head, tucking a piece of her hair behind her left ear. "Yeah, I do actually. These desks are just so tiny, and I really hate it when someone uses my desk as their arm rest." 
    Hearing that succulent mouth of hers play defense made me readjust myself again. I could tell this sweet, strong girl enjoyed letting witty comments fall from those lips of hers. Smart, mouthy, gorgeous. She was flawless.
    Don't you want to see what happens next?  Of course you do! Keep reading for a synopsis of each of the first three books, Amazon buy/pre-order links where you can go 1-click the shit out of these books and where you can find Steph Nuss on the internet. 



    Synopsis

    Carter was captivated by Ellyson Evans the moment he laid eyes on her, but she was the one girl who didn't beg for his attention.

    He wanted her.

    Ellyson vowed to never fall in love, because love can destroy you, but then she met Carter Jennings.

    She wanted him.

    Unwilling to risk their comfortable friendship, neither confessed their desires.

    Losing touch after college, a chance meeting reconnects them.

    They want each other.

    But love in the city is never quite that easy.


    Amazon buy link: http://amzn.com/B00PABLIYQ




    Synopsis

    Celebrity fashion designer, Harper Jennings is only months away from turning thirty, and her dream of living a happily ever after has yet to come true.

    She's given up on her fantasy.

    Personal trainer and gym owner, Maverick Jones isn't thrilled about having a designer mentoring in his new clinic, but after meeting the brunette beauty face-to-face, he dreams of having his way with her.

    He's ready to turn his fantasy into reality.

    But when their fantasies collide, love in the city becomes more complicated than they ever imagined.


    Amazon buy link: http://amzn.com/B00PB0A9NM



    Synopsis

    One night of pleasure turns into a summer full of lust.

    Fletcher Haney owns several businesses all over New York City, gaining him access to tons of beautiful women. He has no intentions of stopping his womanizing ways, until he sees her again.

    She’s the ultimate heartbreaker he can't forget.

    Pastry chef bombshell, Bayler Jennings knows she can have any guy she wants, but when her only memorable one-night stand confronts her, she breaks all of her rules.

    He’s the love ‘em and leave ‘em flavor she craves.

    But as the seasons change, this two-of-a-kind pair fights falling in love in the city, and they’ll soon realize that with pleasure always comes pain.


    Amazon pre-order link:
     http://amzn.com/B00TKHAGV2




    Find Steph on the internet:



    No comments:

    Post a Comment