Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

5 Star Review: Newly Exposed by Meghan Quinn


Adam James is a corn-fed, Nebraska raised, piece of man meat with a chiseled body and baby face. He is in desperate need of a paycheck and will do just about anything to get one, including stripping down to his skivvies and lathering up in baby oil.

Solo Cohan is a quirky hipster with a strong work ethic,raised by two gay dads who are head over heels in love with Harrison Ford and Star Wars, hence the name, Solo. She works for Teeg Model Management, the same modeling agency that decides to book Adam as their next up and coming model. Sparks ignite between her and Adam the minute her baby oil soaked hand connects with his practically naked body.

Even though Solo can't stop thinking about Adam during photo shoots, she quickly and awkwardly, shows Adam her distaste for male models and her inability to engage romantically with them. Adam is captivated by her nerdy talk and peculiar tendencies and sets out to make it his mission to turn the Star Wars loving hipster to the dark side, where mingling with models is widely arousing.












My Review

 I received an ARC of this book directly from the author, but that in no way had any bearing on my review. 

So here is the deal...Adam needs money. Desperately. As a last ditch effort, he goes to an open call for males models. Thankfully he is smoking hot and catches the eye of one his employers because he gets the job. It is while he is at the open call where he meets Solo. They two hit it off immediately, but Solo has a rule: No dating the male models. A past experience has left her scarred and she has no plans to go through that again. 

Unfortunately for her, Adam is not your typical model. Sure he is extremely charming like most models Solo comes into contact with, but he is also ridiculously nice. And sexy. And extremely down to earth. Oh and he's also a bit of a geek. A freaking sexy as sin geek. And he really is doing it just for the money. So what I am saying is that in terms of Adam being boyfriend material for Solo, he is perfect. Solo didn't stand a chance.

Adam was so wonderful that I kept thinking "Nope. No way. Nobody is this perfect." And I was waiting for the moment when he showed his true colors and everything went to crap, but it never happened. Here is just a little snippet of his wonderfulness: 
“Favorite cartoon,” she interrupted the silence and the thoughts of Solo on top of me running through my head.
“Besides Ninja Turtles?” I asked.
“Obviously.”
I laughed and thought about it . “You know, I really think you might make fun of me.”
“There is nothing you can say now that will surprise me, Adam , so just lay it on me.”
“Alright, but don’t say I didn’t warn you.” I took a deep breath and said, “Muppet Babies.”
The slow circle she was making on my skin stopped and she looked up at me without lifting her head.
“Scratch what I said earlier. You still have some things up your sleeve that can surprise me. Really, the Muppet Babies? Come on, Adam, you’re not helping your case here. You’re never going to win your man card back at this rate.”
I laughed and said, “There is one sure-fire way that I can win it back, if you want to try.”
“Don’t even think about it,” she responded, knowing what was on my mind.
“Then I would be careful with how close your hand gets to my waistline. You’re playing with fire, muffin, and I would hate to see you get burned.”
“Well then , I better get back to my room before I do,” she said, getting up and grabbing her purse.
I wanted to scream, “No,” but I held back the outburst and nodded my head. It was late, and I had an early morning workout.
“Can I walk you to your house?” I asked, as I stood up after grabbing my hat.
She took my hat from my hand and put it on my head, backwards . Her hands ran over my hair, pushing the loose strands behind my ears as she smiled brightly at me.
“It’s two steps away, Adam, I think I can handle it.”
“Let me be a gentleman.”
She shook her head and laughed. “Fine, by all means, walk me to my door.”
Muppet babies? COME ON!! Perfect man is PERFECT. 

And the two of them get along like wildfire. While things aren't all rainbows and butterflies in their relationship, it's pretty darn close to being the best to ever exist. But then Solo's insecurities come into play putting a wrench into things. I won't say what happens, but I will say that the whole thing made me want to pull my hair out. If she had just talked to Adam, things would have gone much smoother. COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY HERE PEOPLE!

Like most Meghan Quinn books, this book brought the heat. The chemistry between Solo and Adam was off the charts hot. I knew from the moment they met that the two of them would be smoking hot together. Of course with Adam being a model there were some interesting photo shoots that played out in the book. In one particular scene there is tiny underwear worn and lots of water is used. I wondered where Meghan got her inspiration for that. Is there a Pinterest board ? Or maybe a folder full of pictures that she may want to share with the rest of us?  ;-) 

There are always lots of characters in Meghan's book and this one is no exception. Luckily for Solo, her friend and coworker Nolly was "Team Adam" throughout the whole book. When Solo needed a push in the right direction, she was there to give it to her. Adam's fellow models were pretty hilarious. I especially liked Scout, who became Adam's closest friend. He wasn't as normal as Adam, but he was definitely better than some of the other models. Then there is Levi....WHAT'S HIS STORY MEGHAN? I need to know!!!! I need more of both of them! 

So to summarize: Adam is perfect. Adam and Solo as a couple are perfect. This book is perfect. And it is my new favorite of Meghan's. 





No comments:

Post a Comment