Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Welcome to Smalltown, USA!

Where everyone knows everyone else and your problems aren't just your own!




I love small town romances. There is just something about books that take place in small towns. Maybe it is the sense of community. Or the quirky characters. Or how everyone is all up in everyone else's business. Or maybe it is because books are often lighthearted. Or maybe it is all of the above. I feel like these are the books where I am going to find a second chance romance or a friends to lovers story, which are my favorite tropes. You know what I mean...guy/girl returns home for whatever reason and runs into his or her high school sweetheart while shopping at the one grocery store. Or maybe the person they run into is the brother or sister of their best friend and WOW, did they grow up. (LOVE THOSE!)

And I know, there are LOTS of small town romances out there and everyone has their favorites, but these are just some of the books (all part of a series!) that I have read and enjoyed. I hope you find some new books to read and add them to your TBR!


Laura Trentham

Falcon Football Series






CottonBloom Series






Rachel Lacey
Love to the Rescue Series


Confession: I've never actually read the 1st book, but only because I discovered Rachel when the 2nd book came out and just haven't had a chance to go back and read it!






Risking It All Series



Review of Book 1: Formal review coming next week, but I loved it!!!



Tracy March
Thistle Bend Series


Review of Book #0.5: No formal review, but it's an adorable (short) story that is talked about in Should've Said No. Well worth the read!







And now two authors I consider to be the queens of small town romance: Jill Shalvis and Susan Mallery!! If you are willing to settle in and commit to a long term relationship with a book series, these are for you.

I started reading these books long before I started this blog, so I don't have any formal reviews for their books. And with the more recent books, those are the ones that I sit back and read "for fun." But you don't worry, you really can't go wrong with any of their books!


Susan Mallery
Fool's Gold Series


I love Susan's Fool's Gold series. There are 20+ books and I've read almost all of them. The author released them in groups of 3 (you can tell by the titles) so those books are somewhat related to each other, but it not necessary to read them in order.

Since this series is so big, you will get a little bit of all the tropes! Check out the series' Goodreads page to find out more.

And I HIGHLY recommend checking out the Fool's Gold section on Susan's website. It has everything you need to know about the books and MUCH MORE. (Like that fun downloadable map up above!)


Jill Shalvis
Lucky Harbor Series


This series has 12 full books (the above image is of the first 3) plus some novellas and like the Fool's Gold series, you get a little bit of all the tropes. Check out the series' Goodreads page or Jill's website where you can read excerpts from each book.

Also check out her Animal Magnetism and Cedar Ridge for some more goodness. I've read and enjoyed those books as well!

AND her blog because you never know if she will be posting a photo of a hot guy, a cute animal or sharing a funny story!

No comments:

Post a Comment