Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

5 Star Review: Indecent Exposure (Academy #2) by Tessa Bailey



Is there a problem, Officer? 

Jack Garrett isn’t a police officer yet, but there’s already an emergency. His new firearms instructor—the one who just dropped every jaw in the academy gym—is the same sexy Irish stranger Jack locked lips with last night. The Olympic gold medalist and expert markswoman is now officially off-limits, but Jack’s never cared much for rules . . .

Katie McCoy’s been cooped up in a shooting range for too long. A wild love affair is just what she needs to let loose, though she never imagined it would be with her smokin’ hot trainee. She cannot get involved with Jack—but a quick fling? Perfect. Falling hard for a charismatic recruit with an equal amount of sex appeal and secrets? Bloody stupid.


Jack’s charmed the pants off plenty of women (literally), yet few have ever looked beyond his perfect surface. Until Katie. He’ll do anything to keep her in his life . . . except tell her about his past. But a tiny lie of omission never hurt anyone, right?  















My Review

I received an advance copy of this book with the promise of an honest review.

I thought I was ready for Jack Garrett. I read the first book in this series and I really wanted to know more about him and the woman who would eventually grab his heart. But you know what? I was NOT ready. Not at all.

Jack is only in the police academy because he lost a bet. He’s that guy who will coast through the program, graduate and spend the rest of his career doing what he did to get his badge, the bare minimum. But all that changes when he meets Katie. He randomly meets her on the street and it is a honest to god, life changing encounter. Jack is a ladies man and he has no qualms about having one night stands. He actually prefers it that way. So when Katie, without even trying, works her way under Jack’s skin, he’s not sure what to do. All he knows is that one night with her will never be enough. Unfortunately, Katie is only in town for a couple weeks and while she is there, she has things she needs to accomplish. Luckily for her, Jack is more willing to help her accomplish some of these things and what starts as a business trip turns into so much more than that. They both find themselves feeling things they never felt before and the throws them both of kilter.

Jack and Katie's feelings were new to both of them and I loved watching them find their footing. Jack takes her on romantic dates and says and does the sweetest (and HOTTEST) things. (Once again we get an epic grovel scene and it was just SO GOOD.) And not just because he wants to get her in bed. Their relationship was about more than just their attraction to each other. Until Katie came along, Jack was coasting through life. He did not let people (even his closest friends) see the real him, but Katie was able to and that made all the difference.

While I knew that this book would be super sexy, I was unprepared for the all the feelings. So many feelings! It was definitely more angsty than the previous book and I guess that threw me a little. I just wasn’t ready for it. There is one section of the book that absolutely destroyed me. One minute I was quietly reading (and probably chuckling to myself) and then there were tears streaming down my face and I didn’t even realize it. Tessa tackles some serious topics in this book and she does it in a realistic, emotional way that took my breath away at times.

And can I just say that the choice of cover model for this book was so PERFECT. It’s rare that I see a cover and then find myself picturing that particular person while reading the book, but that is exactly what I did. Talk about enhancing the reading experience!

Now bring on the third book in this series! In this book we get a few glimpses into Danika and Greer's relationship that make me think that these two are going to be explosive! I can't wait!









Tessa Bailey is originally from Carlsbad, California. The day after high school graduation, she packed her yearbook, ripped jeans and laptop, driving cross-country to New York City in under four days. Her most valuable life experiences were learned thereafter while waitressing at K-Dees, a Manhattan pub owned by her uncle. Inside those four walls, she met her husband, best friend and discovered the magic of classic rock, managing to put herself through Kingsborough Community College and the English program at Pace University at the same time. Several stunted attempts to enter the work force as a journalist followed, but romance writing continued to demand her attention.

She now lives in Long Island, New York with her husband of ten years and six-year-old daughter. Although she is severely sleep-deprived, she is incredibly happy to be living her dream of writing about people falling in love.




No comments:

Post a Comment