Pages

Sunday, September 17, 2017

5 Star Review: Sugar by Mandi Beck




Country’s hottest bad boy.

That’s what they call me. My label ate it up until I became “too bad” for the good folks of country music. That’s when Hard Candy Records picked me up and took a chance on me. Probably not their smartest move, but I won’t tell them that. Especially when they’ve assigned me a babysitter to try and keep my ass out of trouble. One smart-mouthed, unimpressed, sexy as homegrown sin, Addy Mae Masterson.

She likes to pretend that she doesn’t like me and I like to let her.

I may have a past that haunts me and she may have a habit of getting attached, but damn if I don’t want to show her just how good this bad boy can be.


Purchase Links
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited








My review

I received an advanced copy of this book with the promise of an honest review. 

I may not like country music, but I sure do enjoy reading about country singers! And in this book we are brought back into the world we read about in Stoned. Stone and his band mates have started their own label, Hard Candy Records, and that label is Beau McRae's last hope. His current label has had enough of his bad boy ways and has let him go. 

So when he meets with his manager and the label's rep Addy Mae Masterson he knows she's his last hope, but he still can't help himself. He's a cocky bastard and knows exactly how to push her buttons. They both leave the meeting thinking about the other person and I couldn't help but think "Ooooh let the fun times begin!!"

Beau's actions of the last couple months make it seem like he only makes poor choices. The tabloids paint him as a player and his actions back that up, deep down he's just a good ole country boy. Returning home and spending time with his family and working on the farm is exactly what he needed. And meeting Addy helped a lot too. Addy is a spitfire and definitely makes Beau work for her affections. She's wary about getting involved with him, but he's just a bit too charming for his own good. He wins her over in no time and they find themselves in a relationship. Unfortunately ghosts of the past are there making things difficult and they both have to decide if it's worth making it work. 

This book is sexy, sweet and even a bit heartwarming. Addy and Beau are such a great couple. They're sexy and playful, but also intense and emotional. I loved them and I hope we get to see more of them in upcoming books! 






Author Bio

Mandi Beck has been an avid reader all of her life. A deep love for books always had her jotting down little stories on napkins, notebooks, and her hand. As an adult she was further submerged into the book world through book clubs and the epicness of social media. It was then that she graduated to writing her stories on her phone and then finally on a proper computer.

A wife, mother to two rambunctious and somewhat rotten boys, and stepmom to two great girls away at college, she shares her time with her husband and boys in Chicago where she was born and raised. Mandi is a diehard hockey fan and blames the Blackhawks when her deadlines are not met.


No comments:

Post a Comment