Pages

Friday, January 20, 2017

EXCERPT & TEASER REVEAL: Casanova by Emma Hart




Once upon a time, I loved him.
He broke me and he didn't even know it.
I ran from him.
He didn't chase me.
He never needed to, because he knew I'd come back.
He was right.
Death brought me home to him.
Brett Walker.
Drop dead gorgeous and filthy-mouthed with a smile that turns saints to sinners.
A casanova to his core.
My ex-best friend.
And the bad boy whose reputation precedes him—the same reputation I'm tasked with turning to gold... Or so they think.
Revenge is a dish best served cold, after all...


EXCERPT


“We’re not here to talk about me.” She set her glass down too.

“That’s what you think.”

“What’s that mean?” The words shot out from between her lips. “Actually, no, it doesn’t matter. I don’t care.”

I shoved my plate to the side and leaned forward, resting my forearms on the table. She glanced down at my biceps for a moment before she snapped her gaze back up.

My lips twitched.

So. She wasn’t blind. “

It means that before you leave Whiskey Key again, if you do, that I’ll know why you disappeared without telling anyone anything,” I said slowly and clearly. “And, Lani? You will tell me why you left. I don’t care if I have to pin your hands beneath mine and fuck it out of you.”






No comments:

Post a Comment