Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

4 1/2 STAR REVIEW: Bet Me by Lila Monroe





Title: Bet Me
Author: Lila Monroe
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Release Date: January 27, 2017


What happens when your sex strike goes viral -- and suddenly every man in town has their eye on your prize?

All I wanted was little old-fashioned romance. After a parade of Tinder disasters who think chivalry is giving me a pearl necklace on the first date, I made a pledge: until guys step up their game, this girl is off the market.

But one bottle of chardonnay later, and my drunken rant has gone viral. I’m the most famous person NOT having sex since the Jonas Brothers put on their purity rings. A men’s magazine has even put a bounty on my (ahem) maidenhead: fifty Gs to whoever makes me break the drought.

Be careful what you wish for...

Now my office looks like an explosion in a Hallmark factory, I’ve got guys lining up to sweep me off my feet - and the one man I want is most definitely off-limits. Jake Weston is a player through and through. He’s also the only one who sees through the mayhem to the real me, but how can I trust he’s not just out to claim the glory?

And how will I make it through the strike without scratching the itch - especially when that itch looks so damn good out of his suit?

The thrill of the chaste has never been so sexy in Lila Monroe’s hilarious, hot new romantic read!



Purchase Links
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU







My Review

I received an advanced copy of this book with the promise of an honest review.

Lizzie works for the Met and has finally convinced her boss to let her lead a major exhibit. The theme is old Hollywood. Lizzie loves the classics. Movies that show what she considers to be real romance. Handsome men who knew how to woo a woman. Beautiful women who didn't put with the kind of things that women have to deal with today. Unfortunately for her, a colleague she has to work with is a guy with whom she had a very embarrassing night New Years Ever about three years ago. Jake thinks that Lizzie's notions about romance are silly and their working relationship is tenuous at best.


Poor Lizzie. After a string of bad dates and all she wanted to do was vent to her sister about the horrible state of dating and the lack of romance in the world, but then her rant ends up on the internet for the whole world to see. Her self imposed man strike is now public and making every aspect of her life a bit difficult. Then throw in the fact that Lizzie and Jake are actually very attracted to each other, but neither one actually wants to admit it and Lizzie is having a rough time. 

This book was so entertaining. Lizzie's dates, while pretty terrible, are also very funny and I found myself laughing out loud more than once. I also found myself on Team Lizzie and Jake. The sexual tension between them was about as thick as it could get and I was just waiting for the moment when they gave into their feelings. Not everything between them was tense and they actually had some sweet moments. Those were my favorite parts. 

This book is a light and funny read. Plus, it takes place in New York City, which is where I live. I love reading books that take place in NYC. It's nice to be able to visualize the exact locations while reading. Lila keeps putting out great books and I can't wait to see what she give us next. 





Author Bio

Combining her love of writing, sex and well-fitted suits, Lila Monroe wrote The Billionaire Bargain. Lila enjoys writing, as it gives her a flexible schedule to spend time with her kids and a wonderful excuse to avoid them. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, who strips out of his well-fitted suits nightly.

Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment