Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

4 Star Review: Ripped (Real #5) by Katy Evans

Synopsis

A ripped rock star with attitude. 

An ex-girlfriend with a reckless plan.
Pandora assumed getting her heart broken by her bad boy ex could only happen once--until Mackenna Jones comes back to town for the biggest concert of his career. They say girls are getting pregnant just thinking about the Crack Bikini tour and it's destined to be a huge hit. 

Oh, it'll be a hit alright--when Pandora comes out swinging. She and her friend Melanie are determined to humiliate him onstage. But when they're caught by security and her ex is summoned, Mackenna decides not to press charges if she'll join him on tour and follow certain conditions--rules designed to give him the upper hand and keep her in close contact with him once again. Soon, the passion they once shared is reignited, and no matter how much Pandora wants to hate him, her hard exterior starts to crack.

And worse: Mackenna knows it, too. But he hasn't uncovered all her secrets...










My Review

Full disclosure: I am not a huge fan of Pandora, so a book about her wasn't something I was excited about. But I am a fan of the REAL series so of course I was going to read this book. And I am really glad that I did. This book gave a lot of insight into Pandora and helped explain the person she is today. I liked her much more after finishing the book, but she is still not my favorite. Having said that, for me, this book is all about MACKENNA FREAKING JONES.  Holy shit that man is hot. Like panty melting hot. Anyone who had read any of the other books in this series knows that Katy Evans can write a delicious alpha male, but she outdid herself with MacKenna.
“He kicks the door shut behind him. He’s wearing aviators, so I can’t see his eyes, and ohmigod, I hate him with a passion. I came here to hurt him, but I’m so overcome by my anger, I can’t seem to do anything but stand here with my breath getting trapped in my lungs, my heart squeezing in my chest, my body trembling as all my suppressed anger bubbles up inside me.
He is tall and dark, and the remains of a red gooey liquid trickle down his chest.
But what a perfect chest, and then that thin trail of hair that leads the way from his navel to his dick. Tight leather pants mold to his bulging thighs. A bulging cock too. I swear girls might think he sticks a loaf of bread down his pants, but I can assure you that fucker is real. As huge as his fucking ego, and I remember it used to get as hard as his fucking head.
Not everyone can pull off a buzz cut, or a diamond stud earring, but he has a perfectly shaped head that makes you want to curl your hands around it and trace the curves with your lips. The diamond glints almost menacingly in his right ear, and when he takes off the sunglasses with an angry jerk, I see his brilliant, furious silver eyes, and I swear that it feels like coming home.” 
MacKenna and Pandora have a past. And throughout the book we learn that it is a very complicated, heartbreaking past. Pandora hates MacKenna (she mentions that A LOT) and would love to get some revenge. While he is in town with his band, Pandora comes up with a plan. Let's just say that the plan does not quite work and before she knows it, Pandora is on the road with Crack Bikini (I would love to know where they got that damn name...it makes me crazy). And when I say "on the road" I mean those two are sharing a tour bus...it is close quarters.  Of course sparks fly and they have some HOT sexy times, but the book is not just about that. 

These two met while they were in high school. They were the typical boy from the other side of the tracks meets girl, they fall head over heels in love...high school love. But now they are both VERY different people and they have to get to know each other again. MacKenna knows the real Pandora and can see past the tough, bitchy woman she is and Pandora knows that what MacKenna has accomplished in his life is extraordinary and she can't fault him for that.  And that's why these are a great couple...although they have been apart for a long time, the sparks are still there and they cannot deny that. I couldn't wait for the moment when they were able to get past all the bullshit and realize that they belong together....they always have.   

I loved that in this book we got a little bit of Pandora's partner in crime, the crazy Melanie and also a little bit of Remy and Brooke. We got to see them in a casual setting and not just a fight scene, which I found refreshing. 

The ending of the book is a bit open ended and I'm not sure what the author has planned next, but I hope we haven't seen the last of these two. I think a lot of us would love to see a nicer, more chill Pandora.  What do you say Ms. Evans?  


Amazon buy link: http://amzn.com/B00EMDPZRO




No comments:

Post a Comment