Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

4 STAR REVIEW: The Knockout Rule by Kelly Siskind






Growing up with an adoring father for a boxing legend isn’t all sunshine and rainbows. It looks more like hospital visits, bloody noses, and cracked ribs.

Isla Slade now works as a physiotherapist, helping athletes heal their bodies. Except for boxers. She has no interest in reliving the stress of her teen years. Dating someone in the boxing world? She’d rather snort wasabi powder.

Until she meets Preston Church.

Preston manages heavyweight boxing darling Brick Kramarov. A brute who’s built tougher than his name, with a cocky attitude to boot. She wants nothing to do with either man, but her father begs her to help them prepare for a huge Vegas fight.

She doesn’t expect Preston to recite romantic poems and slowly break her resolve. His fascinating mind gets under her skin, even if his star athlete reminds her how much she hates boxing.

Too bad it’s Brick coaching Preston how to woo Isla, falling for her from the sidelines. Once she finds out, she’ll have to decide if she can risk loving another man who puts it all on the line for the knockout.







My Review

I received an advanced copy of this book with the promise of an honest review. 

I really liked this book! Isla got on my nerves a little bit, but overall I liked her. For me, this book is all about Eric. I love a cinnamon roll and Kelly had given us a doozy in this book. Eric, aka Brick, the brutish boxer is quite the character. We learn very early on in this book just how different he is from boxer persona and it delighted me!

I will say that the synopsis is a tad misleading because I feel like it makes it seem like Isla and Preston are the main couple, but that's not the case. It's made very clear from the moment they meet that Isla is interested in Eric, but Preston ends up playing a big part of the story. 

I'm such a huge fan of Kelly's books. They are funny and heartfelt and always make me feel good. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next. 









About Kelly Siskind

A small-town girl at heart, Kelly moved from the city to open a cheese shop with her husband in northern Ontario. When she’s not neck deep in cheese or out hiking, you can find her, notepad in hand, scribbling down one of the many plot bunnies bouncing around in her head. She laughs at her own jokes and has been known to eat her feelings—gummy bears heal all. She’s also an incurable romantic, devouring romance novels into the wee hours of the morning.








No comments:

Post a Comment