Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Review: Worth the Fall (McKinney Brothers #1) by Claudia Connor

They meet on a beach. . . . Abby Davis isn’t wearing a skimpy bikini or sipping umbrella drinks, not when she’s busy chasing around four little ones. And Matt McKinney isn’t looking for fun—he’s a Navy SEAL, a grown man with a long list of missions . . . and fallen brothers.

They only have a week. . . . Abby has brought her children to this beach to start over, to give them the enjoyable memories they deserve. Matt’s been sidelined by a combat injury, and haunted by the best friend he lost and the promise he made: to remain a SEAL—focused and dedicated. This leaves no time for what he’s always wanted: a family.

But a week is all it takes. . . . Matt opens her heart while Abby soothes his soul. And though they plan to say good-bye when the week is over, something magical happens on that beach, something neither can forget. Something utterly, completely worth falling for.





My Review

WOW. I stumbled upon this book in a FB group and the blurb caught my attention. The story line was different from the other books I have been reading so I decided to give it a chance. And I am glad that I did! Matt was just the swooniest. There is nothing sexier than a nice, good looking guy who loves kids. From the first moment he meets Abby and her FOUR kids, Matt falls for them.

I’ve read some reviews where people were put off by how much time Matt spent with the kids or how there were too many pages committed to the kids, but for me that is what made me love this book. Matt’s interactions with them and how quickly he grew to love them and they him, just made my heart melt.

Having said that….I was not a fan of some the choices Matt made regarding his career and I found myself rolling my eyes at some of Abby’s insecurities, but part of me couldn’t really blame her. I was also not fan of the way Matt’s mother treated Abby initially, but I am glad that she came around.

And speaking of Matt’s family, I can’t wait to learn more about his brother Stephen. His name is brought up a few times and it is mentioned that he is going through “his own hello” and there was nothing any of them could do. INTEREST PIQUED!

No comments:

Post a Comment