Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Review: Dirty Rowdy Thing by Christina Lauren (Wild Season #2)

Synopsis

Despite their rowdy hookups, Harlow and Finn don’t even like each other...which would explain why their marriage lasted only twelve hours. He needs to be in charge and takes whatever he wants. She lives by the Want-something-done? Do-it-yourself mantra. Maybe she’s too similar to the rugged fisherman—or just what he needs. 


My Review

Okay.  We all know that Christina Lauren give good book.  I’ve read The Beautiful Bastard series and the first book in this series, Sweet Filthy Boy.  All the men in those books are hot, ridiculously sexy men, but in this book we meet the sexist, hottest one of all, Finn Roberts.  HOLY CRAP.   (Sorry Will…I still love you though.)  I’m not even sure where to start with this book, but I’m going to try.

We first met Finn in the Sweet Filthy Boy, but we didn’t get to know much about him.  Well in this book we learn A LOT about Finn.  At the beginning of this book we again meet Harlow Vega.  If you remember from the first book, Finn and Harlow were paired up when the group got all drunk and married.  Unlike Mia and Ansel, they got annulments and parted ways (except for that time Harlow flew up to Vancouver to surprise Finn wearing nothing but a trench coat…interesting).  But now Harlow is in line at Starbucks and Finn in is line directly behind her.  And why is he in town?  We find out why, but not before we learn that both Finn and Harlow are dealing with family issues that take an emotional toll on both of them.  And how do they cope?  Well let’s just say that it isn’t long before they are falling into bed…again.  And despite the fact that they are telling themselves (and others) that what is going on between them is not a big deal, they slowly come to realize that it is. 

I really liked Harlow.  She was a sassy (I love when the female characters are sassy), independent, strong willed woman who could not only take what Finn gave her, but also dish it out.  
“How about selling sperm?”
Coughing, I splutter, “Pardon me?”
“Sperm. Jizz. Semen. Protein shakes. Love juice. Pecker spit. Face crea—”
“Harlow.”
“What? You said everything.”
“Why . . .” I start, and shake my head. “Wait, were you starting to say face cream?”

I definitely laughed out loud at that. 

 This book definitely brought the sexy times.  I often found myself on the subway reading this book and I’m pretty sure that people around me were probably thinking “Why is that girl blushing so much?”  Well here’s an example why:  
“Harlow’s little gasps are still too loud, and so I reach near her hip for her panties, ball them up in my fist, and, after I kiss her on the lips, I stuff them into her mouth. Her eyes close like she’s grateful, and she moans around it—and it’s enough that I nearly come. 
“I said quiet, Ginger Snap.” I spread her legs even more. I tilt her hips in a way that my pelvis doesn’t rub against her clit while I fuck her.
And again, she moans, a deep, desperate sound that makes me fuck into her harder, wanting to make her do it again.”


I MEAN COME ON!!   I needed multiple cold showers while reading this book.  



          







No comments:

Post a Comment