Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2020

4 Star Review: Fool Me Twice by Carrie Aarons





When my best friend died of cancer just before her eighteenth birthday, she left her coveted bucket list to me.

The things she already crossed off? Skinny dipping, going to Paris, completing the local hot wing challenge, road tripping to the ocean, and sending out a message in a bottle.

So, it falls on me to finish it for her, to honor her memory. In the next year, it’s my mission to:

1. Dye my hair
2. Have sex
3. Camp out in a tent
4. Go bungee jumping
5. Get revenge on Lincoln Kolb


Most are doable, some terrify me, and then there is the last item on the list. When the raven-haired football god dumped my best friend during senior year of high school, she was devastated. The jerk with charm for days found out she was sick, and betrayed her in the worst way possible.

But he doesn’t know me, I went to school a town over. Now, to fulfill my promise, I’m the newest freshman on the campus where he is the big man. If there is one thing, aside from cheap beer, that a jock can’t pass up, it’s a shiny new girl.

So when I catch his eye, play hard to get, and then fall into his bed, I know my scheme is working to perfection. But what Lincoln can’t see coming is the beatdown I have planned for his ice-cold heart.

Unfortunately, what I never saw coming was the one he had planned for mine.









My Review

I received an advanced copy of this book with the promise of an honest review.

Get revenge on Lincoln Kolb. 

Out of all the items on the list, this one turns out to be the hardest. Not because the act of revenge is hard, but because the unthinkable happens: Henley falls in love with Lincoln. Talk about making things complicates. 

I was prepared to dislike Lincoln. We are made to think that he's not a nice guy. And he might be a freshman, but he's already the big man on campus. He loves the attention from everyone, but especially the ladies. So when he meets Henley and she could care less who he is, that of course that piques his interest. 

From the moment Henley meets Lincoln, she has him on the hook. He's fascinated by her and quickly realizes that he wants a relationship with Henley. She's hesitant to form anything serious with Lincoln, but she can't help herself. He's actually very sweet and loving, which is the opposite of what she thought. 

I really enjoyed this story. I always enjoy Carrie's NA books. It's emotional at times, but also quite funny and full of heart. She also has a knack for writing teenagers. Henley and Lincoln are in college and they are written as such. 


No comments:

Post a Comment